Harvardwood Helps at the Great LA River Cleanup
Join Harvardwood Helps at Friends of the LA River's 30th Annual Great LA River CleanUp! We'll be working at the Glendale Narrows Riverwalk, located within the scenic 11-mile natural bottom Glendale Narrows stretch of the River.
Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 9am - 12pm
The Riverwalk is a landscaped recreational trail, perfect for pedestrians and bicyclists, running along the north bank of the River across from Griffith Park. The Riverwalk currently includes 2 small parks, an equestrian facility, and public art installations, and there are projects underway to extend the trail and even construct a bridge across the River to Griffith Park!
We recommend wearing comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear good sneakers or boots, and don’t forget to put on sunscreen and bring a hat!
FoLAR provides trash bags and gloves, but you can bring your own gloves if you prefer to use them. They will have plenty of water at each site, but please be sure to bring your own reusable water bottle! They also have some snacks for volunteers to enjoy.
FoLAR gives volunteers a t-shirt and a reusable bag! However, supplies may be limited and are given out on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The CleanUp will be cancelled if it rains within a 48-hour window of the CleanUp day.
- Check-in is at the park on Garden St near Paula Ave
- Transit: Take the 94, 183, or 794 to Sonora and San Fernando Blvd. Follow Sonora towards the train tracks. Continue on Sonora under the 5 Fwy overpass. Make a left on Garden and follow Garden to the park entrance.
- From the 5 Northbound, exit the 5 at Western Ave and turn right onto Flower St. Turn right onto Sonora, then turn left on Randall St and follow to Paula Ave to the park.
- From the 5 Southbound, exit the 5 at Western Ave and make a right onto Western followed by an immediate left onto Lake. Make a right on Sonora, then turn left onto Randall St and follow to Paula Ave to the park.
- From the 134 Eastbound, exit the 134 at Riverside and turn right on Sonora. Make a left on Randall and follow to Paula Ave to the park.
Street parking available on Paula Ave.