Harvardwood Heroes Guidelines & Timeline
Deadline to submit proposals is October 15th.
Launched in 2013, the Harvardwood Heroes grant program aims to spotlight and support Harvard students, alumni, faculty, and staff who have made an exceptional contribution to the community. These Heroes exemplify the mission of Harvardwood by demonstrating the power and purpose of the arts, media, and entertainment in the betterment of our communities.
Harvardwood awards $500 grants* to applicants who have demonstrated a distinguished level of service to their organizations of choice. Every year, grant winners will be determined by the strength of their proposal. They will receive the first $250 upon announcement of the winners and the balance of the grant upon submission of a final essay six months later. Applicants whose service project is arts-related will receive priority. To apply for an HH grant, please read the guidelines below.
Harvardwood Heroes grants will be awarded annually, pending the availability of resources to support the program.
*Grants can be spent at the winner’s discretion.
Program Info & Timeline
1) Applications are open to all Harvard students, alumni, staff, and faculty. Applicants are not required to be Harvardwood Full Members.
2) Volunteers who perform any type of community service are eligible to apply, but priority will be given to arts-related community service initiatives.
3) Applicants must submit their HH grant proposal by October 15, 2016.
4) Grant winners will be announced in November and then receive the first grant installment.
5) Grant winners will execute or continue service through Spring 2017.
6) Grant winners will submit final essay by April 15, 2017. (Essay question will be revealed in the fall.)
7) Grant winners will receive final installment after April 15, 2017.
Submit a proposal that outlines, in 500 words or less, your community service plan for 2017. The proposal can include work that is in progress or work to be completed in the future. You may also submit recommendation letters and/or any other supplemental materials (video, audio, photos, etc.) that you feel best reflects your current or upcoming contributions.
Visit the Harvardwood Website for more details.
Saturday, 10/15/16 at 6:00pm | iCal