Partner Club Event (ANHW): RBG Legacy and Discussion Social
Join Alumnae-i Network for Harvard Women (ANHW) and partner Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) for a virtual discussion event commemorating Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her legacy on civil rights and the status of women. The event will feature short remarks from experts in law, defense, public policy, and more. Participants will then have the option to join breakout rooms to continue conversation and networking in a more intimate format.
Sunday, October 18, 10:00-11:30am PT (1:00-2:30pm ET)
Live via Zoom (details sent after registration)
Cost: No charge
- Emma Quinn, HKS MPP 2015, US Marine Corps Officer
- Aanchal Chugh, HLS 2021, Harvard Women’s Law Association President
- Alice “Acey” Welch, AB 1953, Alumnae-i Network for Harvard Women Founder & Membership Director
- Gabriella Schlesinger, AB 1958, Alumnae-i Network for Harvard Women Director Emerita
Zoom links will be emailed to participants who RSVP, in the days before the event.
Co-sponsoring Organizations: Harvard Women’s Law Association; Harvard Women in Defense, Diplomacy, and Development; HKS Women’s Network; HKS New England Alumni Association; and more organizations to be announced.
All Harvard, Columbia, and Cornell University alumnae-i and community members welcome.
Optional reading materials/media for the event:
- Harvard Law School archival photos: Tweet thread
- Justice Ginsburg’s Harvard Law classmates remember her life and influence
- NPR Obituary by Nina Totenberg
- RBG’s friendship with her trainer, Army reservist Bryant Johnson
10:00AM - 11:30AM Sun 18 Oct 2020 ( Timezone: Pacific )
Virtual Event Instructions: